DevOps Engineer, Warszawa
Employer: global retail chain
- Client looks for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join core team in Warsaw, where client builds new applications backed by technologies and leading edge infrastructure on AWS, and to take part in the process of evolving our platform and developing it for the future.
- Clear understanding of DevOps culture across build/ship/run environments.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Strong experience with Linux, preferably Debian or Ubuntu, and good knowledge of open source components such as NGINX and HAProxy.
- Strong experience with public clouds, preferably AWS and Terraform automation.
- Understanding of version control systems (we keep almost everything as code).
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Docker.
- Experience with supporting Java applications on Linux.
- Hands-on experience in at least one language suitable for scripting, e.g. Python or Ruby
- Experience using and managing monitoring and logging software, e.g. Elasticsearch and Sensu.
- Good understanding of networking, DNS and load balanced environments.
- Track record from projects using automation, tool-chaining and cloud infrastructure.
- To work closely with key stakeholders, development, operations and other teams, to ensure product stability, security and uptime
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with clear understanding of the life cycle of software based services.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, CloudFront and others, Terraform, Docker, Puppet/Hiera, Ansible, Jenkins/Jenkins Job Builder/Jenkinsfile, Java/Python/Bash, ELK stack, Sensu, RabbitMQ, GPG/PGP, Git.